What is ovarian cancer?
Ovarian cancer is a kind of malignant tumor of the ovary, which refers to malignant tumors growing on the ovary, of which 90%~95% are primary cancers of the ovary, and the other 5%~10% are primary cancers of other parts metastasized to the ovary. Due to the lack of symptoms in the early stage of ovarian cancer, and even if there are symptoms, they are not specific, and the role of screening is limited, therefore, early diagnosis is difficult, and 60% to 70% of the cases are already in the advanced stage by the time of diagnosis, and the therapeutic effect of the advanced cases is not good.
Therefore, although the incidence rate of ovarian cancer is lower than that of cervical cancer and endometrial cancer, it ranks third among gynecological malignant tumors, but the mortality rate exceeds the sum of cervical cancer and endometrial cancer, ranking first among gynecological cancers, and it is the biggest disease that seriously threatens women’s health. The world cancer report shows that in 2020, the incidence rate of ovarian cancer will be 310,000 and the mortality rate will be 210,000.
So can middle and late-stage ovarian cancer be cured? Minimally invasive techniques with little side effects and trauma can help bladder cancer patients avoid surgical removal, avoid suffering from traditional radiotherapy, and effectively prolong survival.
For more knowledge about cancer, please click online doctors for consultation.